Good morning everyone! We made it to the end. Okay, so I wasn’t able to stay up for the whole thing, but I definitely got closer than I think I ever have before. I managed to make it nearly Hour 22, but when I was done, I was done. I couldn’t even manage to write a final update before I feel asleep.
But that’s what the End of Event meme is for right?
So, wrapping it all up:
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Inevitably it’s always the last one, but this year, some of the early hours were hard too.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Across the Universe 1st Edition turned out to be a great, fast read, to the point the I was tempted to download the sequel upon completion. If it hadn’t been 3am when I started Ready Player One, I think that would’ve also been a good high-interest read. It did keep me up for an hour and a half longer than I expected to be.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I loved the ‘thon this year, but having hosted a mini-challenge for the first time, I would suggest that when the hosts email the mini-challenge hosts, they paste the challenge text that was submitted. I had a few ideas and by the time I got my email I had a hard time remembering my challenge!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The hosts did a great job on the Twitter feed keeping people engaged.
- How many books did you read? Two and a little bit of a third.
- What were the names of the books you read? I finished The Yellow Birds and Across the Universe 1st Edition, and started Ready Player One.
- Which book did you enjoy most? Hard to say. The Yellow Birds was beautiful and haunting, but I couldn’t have read it later in the day, it would’ve put me right to sleep.
- Which did you enjoy least? None of them! I loved all the books I read. All two of them.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I was not a cheerleader, but I think I only got one cheer on my blog the whole time from whoever was assigned to me. That was kind of sad pants.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very likely. I will definitely be a reader and probably host another mini-challenge. That was so much fun!
Today will be spent doing all those things I didn’t do yesterday: laundry, writing a paper, cleaning my bathroom, etc. I hope you all had a great ‘thon and I’ll see you in April!!
Share and Enjoy